Thursday 20 December 2007

The Seat of Love

The heart has long been considered the seat of emotions. And we believe that our hearts feel the love.

But the liver rivaled the heart as the supposed seat of love, passion and courage. Ask Shakespeare if you don't believe me. He knows I am telling the truth. It is in Macbeth where he says:

"Go prick thy face, and over-red thy fear,
Thou lily-liver'd boy."

The liver is typically dark reddish-brown; a "pale, bloodless" liver can only be that of a coward ;)

But that's an old story. Long time lost story. Nowadays it is believed that love goes through the stomach! And I am sure you know exactly what I mean.

Heart, liver, stomach... And I am asking you: What next?



3 comments:

Adam said...

um, shoulders?

I feel love (or lack thereof) in my shoulders, weirdly enough.

Some people feel heartbreak in the chest, some the stomach. this is a good point.

Fyurien said...

Hi Di =),

Remember me?

I have a new blog, and since you are the only other blogger I know, I thought I would invite you. Its a bit controversial, so I'm very curious to hear opinions about it.

Cioa

PS: http://acriticalbeliever.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

"Dragostea trece prin stomac!!!"Oare?
Ce mai faci dragutico?Nu te-am mai vazut de mult?E super ,super blogul tau,cred ca trebuia sa te faci scriitoare!:))Timpul nu-i pierdut!Apropo de dragoste:este pe blogul meu ceva ce m-a facut sa ma indragostesc din nou!!!Un desene animat!!!!Pupici!